I got an email today from a reader who informed me about a religious debate that is unfolding over at (oh holy hell) Pioneer Woman. So I went over and checked it out and this is what seems to be going down.
1. Mrs. G. a long time contributor to PW, wrote a post in the homeschooling section about her unravelling faith in Catholicism.
2. She went on to say that because of her religious struggle – she decided to teach her kids about all religions and let them choose for themselves.
3. I have no idea if atheism was presented as an option for her kids, but after studying all the religions – I imagine that it is the only conclusion at which any sane person could arrive.
4. The Catholics started showing up and commenting on Mrs. G’s post.
5. They are pissed.
6. Other types of Christians started showing up too.
7. They are also pissed.
8. I left a comment as well.
9. Yes – it was pissed too – not at Mrs. G – but towards the angry christians who are commenting – sorry – that is just my modus operandi these days. Especially under the influence of the volatile cocktail of homeschooling and religion.
10. There are so many people that have been reading this blog lately that state the case for unbelief SO WELL – that I had to at least present the option for a few others to comment on that post too.
11. If you feel so compelled.
12. Rock the christian homeschoolers world!
13. Did I just type that out loud?
13. Happy Weekending!
PS – I just checked the link to see if it was working and discovered that my comment has been removed. What I said was something like this…
There is no god.
At least not for the Haitians
And all the kids that were sodomized by Catholic priests
And all the little girls hidden in boxes, caves and tunnels for the pleasure of a pedophile
And for the one million people burned for heresy during the inquistion.
And for the six million Jews that died in the Holocaust.
If there is a god
Which there isn’t.
He sure is a sick, helpless bastard.
Charles Darwin disproved the need for god 130 years ago.
Too bad he was talking to a bunch of recently evolved monkeys.